Friday, September 07, 2007

This Is Just Crass


The past two weeks of my life have been spent in intense study of the book of Revelation with Dr. Andy Johnson and a handful of great students (including Scott) at Nazarene Theological Seminary in Kansas City, Missouri. I do not pretend to now understand everything about the book. Far from it. In fact, I probably have more questions now than I did going in to the class. But I feel like I can now say, with absolute certainty, that this is not the way to do interpretation on chapter 21. Though I'm happy to see that there will be a place for midgets.

p.s. I also managed to watch three seasons of Scrubs with Scott in between all the studying. And though I'm convinced that, thank God, heaven will be nothing like the above, I'm sure Turk will be there. Because it just wouldn't be heaven without him.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Crass...most definitely the right word for that. I wanted to laugh, and I was wondering why they weren't laughing after some of the stuff they said, and then it just felt irreverent. I like how heaven is described by C.S. Lewis in "The Last Battle." So great. I think I will go blog on that now...